The more I work on revamping my home, the more I find myself coming into my design style.
Boho design is the best for me. I love working with my hands and I love repurposing and bringing old items new life. Each day I find myself on places like Pinterest finding new inspiration. This time I came across a unique project: DIY Canvas Art. This project consisted of making an abstract art piece by only using a painter’s canvas cloth, a frame, and creativity.
DIY Drop Cloth Art
1 hour (Depending on your creative spirit.)
- Old Unused Frame
- Painters Canvas Cloth
- Paint Brushes
- Duct Tape
- Polycrilic (Spray can)
- Separate the frame. Place the front piece to the side.
- Stretch the canvas over the frame.
- Start stapling the cloth to the frame. Make sure that you pull the fabric tight on all sides as you staple. (This was done before I started painting. Another alternative: Paint first the staple later.)
- Once you complete the stapling, cut all of the access fabric off and placevit to the side.
- Use duct tape to create your desired design (or freestyle :-)).
- Fill in the empty areas with color.
- Allow at least 30 mins to dry then remove the tape. Continur to let the piece dry until the paint does not come off by touch.
- Once it is dry. Spray the Polycrilic on as a protectant. Make sure that you are in a well ventilated area. Allow it to dry.
- Once the piece is completely dry. Place the front part of the frame back on, secure it, and hang it up!
Congratulations you have created a wonderful piece and it looks marvelous! How do you like the results? Let me know in the comments below!