Hey there, Mea here!
So I have been taking a step back on a lot of things that I was working on at first. Not because I couldn’t handle it, but because I am going through this process of determining my place of focus when it comes to interior design.
When I first started designing, I wanted to get right into interior design because I love color and I am pretty hands on when it comes to revamping things, then my mind went to flipping homes because it looks like fun (thanks to HGTV :-)). Now these areas are pretty cool and I am still going to work on them, but there is still a missing link. I definitely want to stay in the area of interior design, but I want to do something that would allow me to use my artist skills, design, skills, and IT skills all in one. This goal in mind had me thinking about my past and the things I do today:
- I love making patterns and abstract art.
- I currently work in IT.
- I love the freedom of expression and creativity.
- I am an intermediate in graphic and web design.
- I have worked as a virtual assistant.
- I love working with refinishing, upholstery, home decor, and fabrics.
- I am advanced in Microsoft Office and intermediate in some Adobe products.
- I have and is still currently teaching in the areas of IT and Computer Applications.
- I love to build and revamp (of course :-))
- I just purchased a REALLY sweet new computer and needed applications (this is somewhat of a confession really :-))
As I sat back and started to look at what I have done and what I am doing now, I started to realize, one… I am a serious tech head… and two… I love to use technology to design. With that being said, I have learned that in addition to what I do now, I am going to continue to improve my graphic design skills and become a textile designer. Therefore, I am putting all my skills into one focus. Pretty cool huh?
Now that’s said… let’s see where this will take us.